NEWS & EVENTS
Art updates by early March ‘18
janice p van dijk © 2004 -
Connect with me -
February 2018 -
- Look for updates in Mixed Media Fibre Art and Digital Painting Galleries
- New website in March 2018!
Janice P Van Dijk owns the rights to all images and artwork image files.
About Mixed Media: imagery from photos and paintings are often combined with text, digitized monoprints e.g., gelatin or gelli prints, and other textures e.g., CitraSolv® images, paint, beads, and fibre, as a wall-
About Digital Paintings: The digital paintings are created with individual brush strokes by meaning of a pressure-
About Batik Paintings:
The batik paintings are created by two different methods:
- The first method (watercolour batiks) involves creating a sketch, painting with watercolours, using soy wax as a resist (to protect previously painted areas to retain the colour), on rice paper. A crackle is created by covering the finished piece with soy wax, crumpling up the whole piece then painting with a darker colour to penetrate the cracks.
- The second method involves creating a pencil sketch, painting with procion mx dyes in a watercolour style, using soy wax as a resist (to protect previously painted dye areas to protect the colour), on cotton fabric (soaked previously with a soda ash solution). A crackle effect is not used in this method.
About Watercolour Paintings: The watercolour painting files are of original watercolour paintings.
About Digital Downloads:
Why sell art downloads? The rationale for providing art as digital downloads is twofold:
- to increase access to my creative work, and
- to increase the possibilities on how these creations can be used to suit your personal preferences and/or needs
These copyrighted image files are for personal use only and may not be distributed or sold in any way. You can print multiple times and print for others, but the file cannot be shared with others.
The digital image files are non-
How to Use the Digital Files:
These digital image files can be printed on paper or canvas, fabric e.g., pillows, or gift wrap -
When you choose a print shop, and decide on a project, first determine the pixel dimensions needed to create Your project. This information will be helpful when determining which image file will meet that need. In addition, most online businesses will inform you if there are any problems printing.
Print Image Sizes: This download product information provides a range of possible print sizes. Each printing business will have their minimum file size specifications for printing any item. For example, CafePress.com provides this information in their Get Help section. For their 12-
Digital File Colour Matching: Adobe RGB 1998 is the colour profile used for each download image on this site. I recommend not to adjust the colour since differences in colour display often occur with monitors e.g., not calibrated. Print businesses may wish to convert to CMYK or to sRGB.